Translate

Sunday 6 May 2012

Every time I vist the V&A... - part 2

... I walk away with a book. OK. Not every time and not just 'walk away'. Of course I buy it. However, the truth is that I spend a considerable time browsing through the shop. I get always lost in flipping through the craft books and fairly often simply cannot resist and buy the one that catches my eye. My latest purchase was on pattern when previously I bought a book on DIY - fashion.

V&A shop is not the only place where I like to get lost in. In fact, any bookshop with art&design or craft sections sees my little self indulging there. That is how I came across the book on crochet patterns, the one I have mentioned in a number of my posts, and looking at my 'Design' page you can judge for yourself how I have used it so far.

I feel that now is the time for re-opening the DIY Fashion book. In a number of projects, it demonstrates how to re-use existing garments and turn them into a one-off piece of clothing.

This brings me to a programme I listened to earlier this week. Given the current economic situation, more people keep to their clothes than before and this has an unwelcoming effect on charity shops. Even my flatmate who used to go through a bag a week slowed down with clearing up her wardrobe; to the despair of charity shops.

Any DIY book is full of inspiration and I hope to use this one as my 'muse'. To be honest, I need a break from my 'Leafy-fall' project.

Therefore, just for now, I will open a new idea. Only to have few projects running at the same time - oops. Kx

No comments: