Translate

Sunday 20 May 2012

Evening Photo Walk - analysis

In case you wonder if I have lost it completely let me put it straight to you. A few months back, I got an Evening Photo Walk course as a present for my Birthday (not telling you the number though ;-). And on Wednesday I finally managed to spent a few hours with other photo enthusiasts walking from Westminster to Trafalgar Square and learning about our cameras and how to capture successful and interesting pictures at night. Now, I am not sure if I would call the image above a success but I would certainly call it an interesting one, wouldn't you?

First of all, we have this individual walking down Trafalgar Square. I do not know where his thoughts were taking him but certainly, he minded his own business.

That is till I looked behind and realised who or what was following him...




Looking at the right side of this image and keeping to the same imagery as above, I see quite a large group of people. What's more, they seem to walk in some sort of a formation.

This reminds me of 'The Mummy' movies and the reincarnated creatures. This is quite scary when you think that you are at Trafalgar Square, surrounded by history, in the middle of the night. Touch creepy.

Now the scene looks more as if an army of soldiers lead by their captain was on a mission. But what mission I wonder...

Well, do not forget that we are at Trafalgar Square, the place that hosts artworks at The National and The National Portrait Galleries.

What do you know, you might be looking at the next Picasso here. The mission is to get it. ;-)




Jokes aside, all this mess happened after I placed the camera on a tripod, nicely down at a low view point, set it at a slow shutter speed and when I was getting up I took the tripod with me by mistake. Hence, this mad image. But at least we have a story...

Do not forget to check my 'Photo' page to see more from my photo course. There have been some successes, honestly. Have a nice week and see you next time. K-)

No comments: