Translate

Sunday 6 November 2011

Forgotten sketch



A few months ago I got myself a ticket to see Tori Amos. This performance took place last week in the Royal Albert Hall, a place grand enough for the opera. If I tell you that I could not wait for this evening I would not be far from the truth. Both the exterior and interior of the place always impress me. At the same time, I regard Tori Amos as one of a few incredibly talented musicians of this time. Therefore, to have such an artist performing at such a setting, it is no wonder I was looking forward to this like a little girl.

This excitement overshadowed my usual sense of sensibility or perhaps it was on purpose? The bottom line is that I did not bring my camera with me. Without photographs from this evening, all is safely locked in my memory and I know that I will treasure this occasion even more. Don't you find that whatever is hidden in your memory holds stronger experience to the past? Let's just hope that these are the happy memories.

If it was not for the 'regret' of a missing camera I would not remember this sketch of the Royal Albert Hall I drew few years ago. This was the time when I still walked around with a pen and a sketchbook and a manual camera from 1970s. Perhaps, it is time to abandon this digital world for a little while and return to more manual approach of recording. My friend has already started planning a session 'With a drawing board at the V&A' so we will see where this adventure is going to take us. I will see you next time with the progress (let's hope). Kx

No comments: