Translate

Sunday 20 November 2011

Crochet marathon


Since I am slightly behind the deadline I set to myself for 'Spine & Veins & Reflection' project, I had decided to spend this weekend crocheting. Crocheting from the morning to the evening/night - hence the marathon title. It all started so promising...

After coming home on Friday evening I sat down with my hook and three pieces of material and begun to join them. My company for the evening was watching 'Children in Need' on BBC1 and how glad I am to have watched it. The mixture of fun acts combined with real life stories has left quite an impact on me. Honestly, I still cannot stop thinking and talking about it. What is more impressive is the amount of money people donated. Over 26 million Pounds. How amazing to see that people are more kind to each other when they themselves struggle, don't you think?

I watched this program till the end at 2am. All that time, I kept crocheting (and wiping my tears at times).




Next morning started quite well. I sat down to do my work. However, I needed to nip out for half an hour that turned out to last for more than three. I was asked by a little voice to 'come to the park and play some football'. How can you reject that. And so we played some football, fed the ducks and swans and visited the playground.

Little did I know that this activity will make me sooo tired that I will not be able to finish my mini-deadline for that day. 'Nevermind' I kept thinking, 'I can still catch up next day'.




My intention for today has also started with a good will. Yet again, I nipped out for a bit to do my grocery shopping. However, it all felt apart after receiving a phone call from a 'skating buddy' to meet up in the park for some skating session. So I am about to leave (partially because I need some exercise and partially because I have not seen my friend for a loooong time). Will I finish my mini-deadline by the end of this weekend? I wonder.

No comments: