Translate

Sunday 4 September 2011

Richmond Park


My latest outing was not so far away from London. This weekend we visited Richmond Park. One does not have to venture far away to see a bit more flora and fauna. Having said that, I still like to remember New Forest with its ponies.

Apart from the size of Richmond Park, it is the deer that make this place special. Soon after our arrival, we came across this herd. Gracefully minding their own business and posing for photographs.

As we walked around, I could not but take few shots of trees, both standing and fallen. I have mentioned my affair with trees earlier. Their structure, complexity, timelessness. Their strength. They are simply perfect.



Yet again, there was a pleasant surprise. If you remember my excitement from New Forest when I found 'hnědák', this time it was 'bedla' alias 'parasol mushroom' that crossed my way.


What you collect here is only the cup and only when still closed...

This image shows them as two pretty creations of nature. However, the parasol mushrooms are at their best when still young therefore, just leave these where found and admire them. They certainly deserve it.







...and so what I did was to 'unscrew' the cup of a baby parasol mushroom and turned it into a bread crumb mushroom dish. Pity I found only one. These tasted delicious.

No comments: