Translate

Friday 26 August 2011

Hnědák


This time I was more adventures and ventured further from London. The area I am writing about is located in Southern England. And here is where after fourteen years in the UK I finally found a mushroom - Boletus Edulis alias hnědák (in my native slang).

I must admit I secretly hoped to find one. When I entered the woodland, I was suddenly surrounded by conifers perfect for growing such mushrooms. This is why I could not but turn myself into mushrooming mode. On my up-to-date visits to the woods I would had never attempted the activity of picking the mushrooms. The surroundings just did not look right. That is up to now.

The woodland here was rather messy creating crunchy noise when stepped on or climed over. It was also little dark with rays of sun shining through less dense spots. Suddenly, I felt like the ten-year-old who went mushrooming with her grandma...


My excitement was such that despite the fact that we got home quite late, I was ready to cut some vegetables, defrost the chicken and cook dinner where the extra ingredient was hnědák.  It is worth mentioning that I do not usually eat mushrooms. On this occasion though I could not resist. This one mushroom did noticeably alter and better the entire taste experience.

No comments: