Translate

Monday 19 September 2011

Leafy wonders


As much as one tries to ignore it, this image suggests that we are on the brink of autumn. Typical for England, the question will go along the lines of 'What happened to the summer?' Not much I would say. It seems to have gone unnoticed.

However, another rather interesting season is about to start. If summer is filled with energy, autumn is in a way quite a poetic season. Given by the colours it produces, you simply cannot but feel nostalgic. At the same time, there is so much inspiration around to draw from.

The mixture of colours and texture hidden in these images;

the spine and veins running down this leaf.

My translation takes me towards a shape or a structure covered/joined with material/matter.

Very loosely seen as a mirror image, it is also the transparency and the light reflection on the surface that brings my attention to the two leaves on the right.

There is something about all these pictures. It would be worth using them as a base for a project, what do you think? I will give it some thought. In the meantime, have a great week and see you soon with my next post. Kx

No comments: