Translate

Saturday 27 August 2011

New Forest


One thing you notice about this place is the freedom. Freedom of flora and fauna which spreads as far as one can see. This area of eastern England is for obvious reasons a National Park with villages scattered around.


What caught my attention at first were the New Forest ponies. As we were driving around we would share the roads. These creatures seemed to be accustomed to human beings and certainly did not look bothered by our presence. They would be everywhere. On the roads or strolling the fields. Even hiding in the shade of this bridge.

How great it is to see such freedom.





This area is certainly pleasing to the eye. After getting used to the ponies everywhere around me I found myself absorbed in all the colours. The greens, the pinks and purples all within my reach.

I am sure everybody sees such nature differently. Everybody also uses it differently. For walking, riding, even horse riding. What a great place to live in.




Not far away from the open, I was swallowed by this forest. And what a forest it is. The ground covered with branches, the messiness of the place. This place is magical.

At one point, we found ourselves surrounded by blackberries. And we just could not stop picking. They were sweet, they were juicy, they were delicious.

This one outing to New Forest reminded me how much I miss being in nature. I hope to repeat this experience. New Forest will stay with me for a long time.

No comments: