Translate

Tuesday 5 July 2011

Joined - What lies beneath (and above)



What you are looking at is my interpretation of 'What lies beneath (and above)' post, the one I have been adding to for the past month. And have I had a good time working on it, that's for sure.

This project would run around a few photographs taken on one of my walks. I focused on a detail of a specific place - a bridge dividing/connecting Kensington Gardens with Hyde Park. What came out of it are three mini projects: 'Web Top', 'Belt-strap Handbag' & 'Fold Dress'.


1. Web Top

Ever so light, it is surprisingly strong and despite all the holes produces a certain level of warmth.

Crocheted white part is made out of only one piece folded and joined together & blue part represents decoration and helps to shape and keep visual division.






2. Belt-strap Handbag

Like a puzzle, four pockets from an old pair of jeans are re-arranged to make an unusual design full of quirky compartments.

Using a sewing machine, I am rather pleased with the ease this handbag was created (especially since I had not used a sewing machine on my own up to that point).






3. Fold Dress

What used to be trouser-legs became the front and back of a dress.


Slightly daring, this dress will remain to be my pride. One can achieve a lot if the mind is set to it. Left to my own devices, what I can do is to belief in my ideas and make it all work. There is always a way.







Coincidentally, I met my friend Agnieszka (alias Aga) yesterday. She was my 'colleague in crime' during our university studies. I have always had a good lough in her company so was looking forward to meeting her again last night. And it would not be me if I would not use this opportunity and ask her to become my photographer for the evening. What a job she has done. Below is a selection of photographs taken in a stylish setting of Tower Bridge and the City Hall.




One more thing to mention. There are few leftovers as well as unused parts that have been produced during the design process. The zip from the jeans, little rosettes crocheted for the 'Web Top',... These will stay safely in my possession to find the right use for them later. I will draw your attention to them in due course. See you soon. Kx

No comments: