Translate

Sunday 10 July 2016

Idle

Being Idle is a state of doing nothing. Practically not doing a single thing and (put politely) chill out. Though put it plainly, idle means wasting time by doing absolutely nothing.

And Idle is what I was not during my absence over the past year. Otherwise I would not be able to share with you the update to my Cottagy & Cosy project. Check on the 'Updates' tab to see its  progress or click on this link to follow the whole progress of this project.

'Idle' is a funny word. If I did not know the meaning I would think of some exotic word and exotic meaning. Like this however, I am reminded of this picture I took a while ago...

This gentleman appears chilling out somewhere in the park blissfully unaware of the world passing by. I wonder what was going on through his head. Was he looking for a quiet moment? Was he worried? Was he waiting for or hiding from someone?

Alright, he was probably not idle, simply looking for a time to himself.
But what does an 'idle' state look like? It is actually quite difficult to be idle when you think about it. I can understand to 'procrastinate'. But the state of 'idle' is hard. There is always something to do (or at least thought of). It is not easy to be idle. Which brings me back to the beginning of this post, to my project. 

I did work on it even though I went quiet posting here. What's more, other possibilities are going through my head as we speak. And it would be a shame not to continue especially when I had such a good time making the table accessories. It was both a fun and practical way of spending time by not being Idle. K-)

No comments: