Translate

Sunday 17 July 2016

Evolution


Looking at and thinking of the image above, again I cannot get it out of my mind (otherwise it would not find its way to another of my posts :-)
I mentioned a tree in the 'Opportunities rather than Misfortune' post a few weeks ago and this is a recent shot of the same subject. Having observed the same tree from spring and witnessing subtle changes that have taken me to summer I am sure I will still indulge myself in this observation in the winter...

When a project evolves it takes time. The question is how long. You may remember my 'Leafy-fall' project from quite a while ago when at autumn I took an inspiration from a colourful willow tree. The idea is still here but certainly needs evolving further...

Here now I can concentrate at the wrinkled surface, I can pick on the remnants of a spider web partly visible to the left of the leaf, I can again focus on the lifeline of the leaf (the 'veins') like I did in the past, I can...

...and of course there are seasonal changes, even with dead leaves...

...Evolution...

No comments: