Translate

Sunday 17 May 2015

Sized down - Incorporating Beads

Do you remember the Updates on my 'Sized down' project? Just to remind you, apart from the 'Links' earrings that I had already shared with you, there were other two unfinished pieces, a set to be. Well, the set has been finished for a while now and that brings it nicely to my discussion about whether to use wire or yarn...

To start with, I will show you another pair of earrings ('Drops') that were finished in more less the same fashion as the 'Links' (right).

The only difference is the choice of black colour for the additional part and in joining the red sections in a horizontal rather then vertical way. Hence the 'Drops' title.


But what I actually wanted to show you in this post is the necklace. I have to confess that for a long time I had two parts completed but could not think of a way of joining them together. The two for-a-while-completed parts are the ones joining the red sections with red and the black chain.

It was not till I learnt a new technique using beads, that Teri Howes so kindly shared with us on the one day course I mentioned in my previous post, that I could take the design further.

And so, finally, I ended with three chains, two purely in yarn and one incorporating beads, that allowed me to finally finish the necklace. Adding the beads to a purely yarn design brings extra charm that works so well here. What is more, with addition of the 'Drops' earrings I have a set.
In my early discussion of whether to use yarn or wire I have to stress out that everybody is different and different projects require different materials. I would say that for my 'Sized down' project yarn and a few beads worked just right, don't you think?

Have a lovely week and see you next time. K-)

No comments: