Translate

Sunday 24 May 2015

Conscience offshoot

Recently, I have been to see 'Salt and Silver' exhibition that is on at the Tate Britain for a few more weeks. And am I glad I did not miss this occasion.

This exhibition covers early stages of photography when taking and developing pictures was a novelty and quite a science. It covers twenty years of salt prints that are the result of chemical capacity to 'fix a shadow' on light-sensitive paper coated in silver salts. The images on display depict early documentary photography that I love so much in photographs of this time. To see what various places looked like then and compare them to what I remember from my own memory about the same place now, to see people with hair styles and fashion of given time and observing staged portraiture, I could spend the whole day there.

But what I admire the most is the time scale (these photographs cover years 1840 - 1860) and the fact that these pictures have lasted all this time in such quality. That makes me wonder how long today's photographs would last...

There is one more thing, the offshoot impact on my conscience. You must have noticed that I have not been updating my 'Photo' page and simultaneously have not put anything on my G+ account. Well, I'd better do something about that. I'd better pick my camera up and...


...a shot from my neighbourhood. Let's bring in some colour and start.

Have a lovely week and see you next time. K-)

No comments: