Translate

Sunday 3 March 2013

Noughts & Crosses

If you recall my January post 'Three-Ten' where I analysed the image of screw tops and chain bits on a green gate, you will not be surprised by this image of a lantern with its circles trapped on a cross mash with a decorative column in the middle. Yes, again I am on a mission for a pattern...

What I like here are the three panels; fifteen, five, fifteen. Going further each panel has components; five by three, five by one, five by three. The middle column looks more decorative which is an element that should not be overlooked. Similarly, each section is divided by a decorative metal 'cord' that also appears at the beginning and the end. This is something that also draws attention...

This image reveals the cord-like decoration of the lantern against architectural elements of a local synagogue.

Indeed, these are more circular shapes sandwiched between two thin layers. Now I am not sure if this fact could be incorporated into the lantern pattern design but then, I just have to try to find out. For this I will see you some other time. For now, I intend to gather more inspiration...

And so, have a lovely rest of this weekend, enjoyable week and see you next time. K-)

No comments: