Translate

Saturday 23 February 2013

Snowflake

After drawing the curtains open today, I was exposed to a charming view of falling snow. Actually, it was not a snowfall as one would expect, only something flying around. However this something was enough to trigger my memory to a 'Snowflake' project I did at the end of last year.

I came across a design for a window hanging that was beckoning to me as if saying - try me, make me. When committing myself to its production, it turned out to be more fun and joy than I expected. How amazing when you see things taking shape under your own hands (with crochet and a hook at this instance). Even better when you realise the beauty you are creating yourself...

When placed in my window, that coincidentally had Christmas decoration (icelings) on it, all of a sudden I thought of its name - the 'Snowflake'.

With its shape and diagonally expending design, this was a fitting title, I thought...


But why leaving it there? When finding the right title I remembered my 'Web Top' and the rosettes that I intended to incorporate in its design. In the end I did not use them but promised to return to them; at the right time with the right project. And the time came with 'Snowflake'.


In response to one snowflake, I turned the already made rosettes into one 'rosette' of many snowflakes...

...that I sent to the other side of the world, to warm and sunny summer in Australia to cool the air a bit.



I certainly enjoyed crocheting the snowflake. Again, as in many of my projects, there is a follow up. In this case I picked up something that was not used for its original purpose and recycled it in a spirit of winter and its decor. Oh, how I enjoy the creative process leading to discovering and realising new ideas. K-)

No comments: