Translate

Sunday 31 March 2013

The Helicopter Museum

Right, I am not a technical type, that is for sure. However, when I got the chance to go and visit a place that hosts the world's largest dedicated helicopter museum I could not refuse. The Helicopter Museum is a must, technical me or not. Located in Weston-super-Mare on the South West coast of England, we packed some lunch and off we went...

One thing I was looking forward to was the vast collection on display, shining and showing off to everybody who made the journey and visited the museum. And of course I was not disappointed. What I wanted to focus on were the colours and shapes and that was exactly what I did...

...shining and colourful, to take a picture was given. Wherever I turned there was a photo opportunity....

...and so I continued...




Some of the helicopters had open sections to reveal their mechanical inside. This in itself creates other creatures out of them; as if having eye-lids or extra wings...








When some of the machine spare parts could easily stand for themselves as new creatures...

...the inside revealed tubes and bolts and nuts and screws and washers and...


I have always found satisfaction playing with these as a child. However, I would never put them to their correct use. This I would say is a gain. One can look at things differently, with fresh eyes...

Well, well, I came here for photo opportunity as well as inspiration and here is so much of it everywhere. What I have shared with you here so far is only one part of our trip. Having traveled so far from London, we travelled a bit further towards the coast itself... For this, I will see you next time. The Helicopter Museum deserves a post of its own. Have a lovely week and see you soon. K-)

No comments: