Translate

Sunday 28 August 2016

Botanic Gardens

Recently, I visited Botanic Gardens at Kew. I specifically reached for my zoom lens and am I glad I have done so. Ever since I got the lens I intended to go to Kew Gardens and finally the chance came when I had an unexpected visit from my sister whom I had not seen for quite a long time. And what a pleasant day it was. Not only because of the place itself but also because the weather could not be any better; it was sunny, the temperature was pleasant and it DID NOT rain. :-)

This visit took place a few months ago, in May which is a great time to visit any botanic gardens.

Nature is awake for a while and by then the palette of colours is so varied. Very enjoyable are different spices of plants, flowers and trees that are around you.



Our visit was incredible for the display of tulips.

We were surrounded by fields of tulips of different colours, shapes and sizes.

But it is not only flora that is to admire there. Underground under one of the greenhouses are big aquariums with fish and any other sea creatures. This time, my eye was caught by this little beauty.

With such a backdrop, I would have to be completely ignorant not to see it. There are no words to describe this, don't you agree?

It is true when they say that there is always something to see whenever you go to the botanic gardens. Spring however, is a special time. Nature wakes up offering itself to incredible changes. I am not any botanists but there is something magical to be able to witness nature developing in its gentle face.

So just join me...

K-)

No comments: