Translate

Sunday 15 September 2013

The quest

What a summer we have had. I do not remember so many sunny and dry days in a long time. It feels as if an injection of energy and optimism arrived to the British Isles; or at least has visited me for much longer than I am used to from summer here.

And of course, when I went home for holidays, the feeling there was the same. Sunny, dry and a never-ending joy would fill every day throughout.

One did not have to do much searching for some photo gems...

This one was peeping out from our neighbour's garden.


Unfortunately, beginning last week, when we visited the St. James's Concours of Elegance Classic Car Show, it has not stopped raining.

When there, I captured rain drops on the bonnets of the cars, such as seen here in such contrast. And that was when the quest for rain drops started...

How exciting when you see something pretty, something amazing in everything, even rain. Quite frankly, one has no choice in this part of the world where rain becomes the norm.

In these pictures, when rain serves as a backdrop for what is perceived as style, an interesting scene is created...




As I mentioned already, it has been so and so with the weather here right now and so I took the camera with me today to continue with my quest...

The day has been wet, the day has been grey, the day has been overcast again.

And here I was, out there in search for some treasures...

What do you think about  the juxtaposition of natural elements, their colour and the tones? Don't they work well together?

Oh, how much I love discovering the beautiful in the mundane, don't you? K-)

No comments: