Translate

Sunday 8 September 2013

St. James's Concours of Elegance Classic Car Show

Hello all those who have been tirelessly checking my blog for the past two months. Also please accept my apology for not keeping you up to date with what has been happening within my London cultural life. Having had such a wonderful summer here this year, I could not keep myself indoors but ran out every time a chance occurred. One has to enjoy the sun when it arrives to English shores...

In case you wonder what these pictures are all about, the clue is in the name. Yes, as the name suggests, I visited St. James's Palace (the garden that is, not the indoors) that hosted the Concours of Elegance Classic Car Show.

Now, I have to warn you, I do not know anything about cars but when the opportunity arouse, I could not let it go unnoticed. I had to go. And what a joy that was...

Of course, my intake on such occasion would not be at the entire car but its details. The attention to detail, the curves, the gloss on the bonnets of the cars, the crisp shiny colours. Indeed, the colours on those beauties worked for me. Yes, I am definitely one who would choose by the colour not the model...

If it was possible to choose my favourite, it would be the real oldies. Models from the turn of the 20 Century.

To see the use of wood where we are used to seeing metal alloy, wooden wheel and dashboard, the gear box.

What I really liked about this one was the way they stored the spare tires...






The real luxury and elegance came in the form of Darraco racing car. Just look at the soft leather seats. I certainly wanted to sit down. Or at least to touch it. The comfort shines at me even now when looking only at the pictures.

Again, a big smile and admiration came over me when observing the 'boot'. Such a style in itself; attach it to the car and you have a new meaning.

Just compare it to what we know nowadays. The form is probably more practical and definitely bigger but the style is gone...



Indeed travel and comfort seems to come in all forms and shapes throughout the ages.

Whether coming in a form of a cute suitcase matching the interior of this Mercedes Benz or this handy rail, the attention to detail is admirable.

When I saw such cosmetic finish on the bonnet here, I could not but think of some sort of a decoration for a jacket (the one that is still unfinished)...

Well inspiration can be found anywhere...



To sum up, I had a great time there. Additionally, this is an elegant and stylish return to my blog I would say. Going through all the photographs I took, I am sharing with you only a tiny little snipped. One thing I have to add though, when you get a chance to attend something like this, do not miss it. Go - rain or shine. K-)

No comments: