Translate

Sunday 2 December 2012

If I can't see you, you can't see me.

I am not going to trouble you with another craft fair today even though the last one I went to was special. This was the open studios at Cockpit Arts in Holborn. What I could see there were not only the products but also the spaces with all the necessary tools where all the beauty is created. And that is, from a designer point of view, so invaluable. For a moment, I transferred myself into one of the many studios and was wondering what it would feel like to actually be one of the designer-makers in such environment...

Well, at the moment I couldn't be further from this dream and so all I can do is to continue creating for myself and my family and friends and have as much enjoyment as I have always had.

Apart from this realisation, I actually gained something else out of this visit. I bought myself a hat. You might think - 'Not a big deal, a hat'. What you might not know is how hard it is to get a hat for a small head. I personally have always had problems finding one and here it all happened. I found myself a stylish non-woolen hat. I wonder who, whether my mum or sister, has won the bet of what hat (if any) I will ever get for myself.

This is the creation of the milliner and designer 'Keren Henriksen' who's designs caught my eye. It was especially her 'Windswept' collection with its asymmetrical design that I found so intriguing and appealing.

When put on you realise how nicely deep it sits on your head (as demonstrated by my trusted model Elena above). And this creates the effect of 'If I can't see you, you can't see me'; the aspect I have experienced for the past two days and am loving it.

Cockpit Arts has two locations. I visited the one in Holborn this weekend and am planning to go to Deptford location next weekend. I think it must be the studios that tempt my creative strings even more than ever. And of course, the curiosity is hard to keep under control. I simply have to go to Deptford next weekend. K-)

No comments: