Translate

Tuesday 27 November 2012

Puzzled


For the past week, I have been more than puzzled. Every morning I look around when walking to my work which takes me some 30min through the park. I am not sure what happened this year but somehow I seem to have missed the lovely colours autumn should have brought to us...

I remember the same time last year, I could not keep my camera in its bag; it was constantly out helping me to capture the progress of the season. This year? Nothing. I simply could not spot anything as exciting as the colours on the picture on the left from last year. On the right is a branch from the same tree taken this year. Can you see the pastel shade of the red? This year seems to be more subtle.

It all just looked the same. I had the feeling that the trees had similarly green foliage when, suddenly, one day there was nothing. All was gone and now, all we have are the absolutely perfect structures of trees. Not that there is anything wrong with that. I love observing silhouettes of trees. I just would not mind to see the step in-between; the beautiful strong autumn colours we were presented with last year.

And so I decided to take a different approach. This time why not let the camera take over allowing challenging situations. If the mountain will not come to Muhammad, then Muhammad must go to the mountain. I took pictures of leaves and plants in the evening, with only street light and without a tripod. The plan was to later use a computer and see what will come out of the blurry images. If nothing else, there are some strong colours. But I will let you judge for yourselves...

...Oh well, at least this makes me look for something else. For new challenges... K-)

No comments: