Translate

Saturday 10 November 2012

Craft fairs

It is the time of a year when the weather turns cold, days turn to night too soon and wherever you turn you are exposed to the commercial side of Christmas. Yes, the 'C' word. I must say though, the older I get, the less patience I have to participate in this madness. Which is why this year I decided not to bother with any high street 'temptations' and visit craft fairs instead. I started with 'Wizardry in Wood' few weeks back, visited 'Made London' two weeks ago and conquered 'Selvedge Winter Fair' today.

This colourful facade smiled at me on my way to the 'Selvedge Winter Fair'. I am not sure what this building is all about, people were coming in and out all the time, I just had to stop for a little while and take this picture. The colours brought me closer to the spirit of the festive season.

Returning to the spirit of fairs, I have to say, I am impressed with the sheer variety of produce. So many designer-makers under one roof offering textile pieces, jewellery, wooden or woven pieces, all being ideas for gifts. I love going to these events. They are all filled with good natured individuals who are presenting their skill and that I have to admire. These are places that I find so inspiring. Inspiring enough that I have not purchased anything yet (even though I would like to support all the lovely people who exhibit at fairs). Instead, I remembered the three projects I have put on hold. I wonder if there is a gift idea hidden somewhere there... K-)

No comments: