Translate

Sunday 22 July 2012

Who are The Tap Tap?

The Tap Tap is a Czeck band I went to see last night here in London. What is worth mentioning (and the reason I am writing about it) is that this band consists of musicians with various disabilities. However, none of these stops them to perform and spread a feel-good atmosphere. The Tap Tap tours across Europe, Amsterdam, Warsaw, Luxembourg to name a few, and I am sure its success will grow.

Lead by an enthusiastic conductor, the band brought me back to my home country with such a strength.

The rhythm, beat, lyrics and the pure joy of entertaining reminded me of my childhood and youth, the years without worries, the years worth remembering.


I have taken a few pictures (deliberately without flash) to share with you.

Here, you can see the main singer (left) whose voice I just loved and who was often joined by a female voice (right; voice that was so strong); the sound grew even stronger by the vocals of the entire band. Also, you can just about work out some of the instruments in this section of the band; various drums. And this is the structure of music that reminded me so much of my childhood. Strong voices, the beat of the drums and the lyrics that would deal with problems of that given time (I grew up in the '80s under communist regime - that is all I have to say).

What else to add? Only that I had a smile glued to my face from the moment The Tap Tap started to play to the time they finished, and beyond. Even now, I sit here with a big smile on my face. And this is what I want on a sunny Sunday morning. Kx

No comments: