Translate

Sunday 29 July 2012

My London Olympic Games 2012 - continued

Waking up to sunny Sunday, I felt full of energy that I just wanted to put on my skates and go out exploring some local venues. First friend I called actually had exactly the same idea and so we met up on skates and set off on our adventure...

Starting at the Royal Albert Hall, I fell in love with these graphics. So simple yet describing the disciplines so clearly.

There I decided that these figures would be the focus of the day.



As we were passing through Hyde Park, I spotted this image of a cyclist and the iconic 'Boris' bike (named after the London mayor who introduced them to the public) leaning against a wall next to the graphic.

What a fitting image for the cycling olympic discipline that was about to start at the Mall (Buckingham Palace). This is exactly where we were heading...

We got to the Buckingham Palace on time to secure ourselves a great spot to see it all (and hopefully take some great pictures).

It all started so well. Every now and than, bikes would go past to the cheer of the growing audience.

The sun was shining.

The atmosphere was magical.


It is hard to believe (or not since we are in England), that within the space of half an hour, the weather would take such a turn.

To cut the story short, the sky turned from a lovely sunny blue to atmospheric grey. Yes, the rain was coming...


Such scary was the atmosphere that even Queen Victoria frowned and a girl cried.

However, luckily for us, the rain went past reasonably quickly just in time for the race to start. Do you know what 'Sod's law' means? It means that if something can go wrong, it will (usually at the least appropriate time). And that is what happened to me with my camera.

As the race was approaching our spot, my camera decided to misbehave and all I actually captured was this little snipped of the entire peleton.

I kept the picture for you to see showing the few girls in cololur on the left. And our spot was so good...

Well, at least I can say that I was there. If it continues like this my memories will be with a twist. K-)



No comments: