Translate

Sunday 11 March 2012

Randolph & Byron Music

Yesterday evening, I found myself in a delightful company of my friends at the National Theatre enjoying a gig by Randolph & Byron Music (pictured above). It was exactly a year ago when I went to see them performing at the Royal Albert Hall (as a part of the 'Ignite' free lunchtime concerts that are organised at the CafĂ© Consort at the Hall).


There was a lot of motion in a rhythm by the duo as well as the audience. As you can see, there was also enough twitching on my part. As a result, I captured quite interesting images (like this one), wouldn't you say?


Randolph & Byron Music is a fusion of Spanish guitar and Caribbean vocals. If you can imagine both separately, combine them together and the richness of sound created is amazing.

I found myself closing my eyes at which point it was hard to believe that only two people can accomplish all this. The skill with which Byron Johnston plays the guitar completed with the vocals of Randolph Matthews made this more than enjoyable evening.

Yes, I believe I have become a fan.

No comments: