Translate

Sunday 18 December 2011

Nativity Set


Three figures belonging to Nativity Set: Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus. Can you make them out?

Made some seven years or so ago out of clay I got from a craft shop, these mini figures have been put on display every Christmas to celebrate this festive occasion. I say 'mini figures' since the highest one is only 5cm tall. I remember that my original intention was to paint over them but somehow the whiteness convinced me not to. Such purity actually nicely demonstrates Christmas I would say.

Every year, I make different settings. Once the figures sit on a bed of needles from a branch, other time I construct a cave-like backdrop. On all occasions though, I have to bring in a branch to allow its scent to spread all around. Unfortunately, I have no photographs to share with you. However, the main characters are present and that is what counts, don't you think?

This festive season is running at its full now. Do enjoy it. Kx

No comments: