Translate

Saturday 31 December 2011

Home for Christmas


There is something about the phrase 'Home for Christmas'. Originally, I planned to stay in England and even started organising what to do and when. However, at the end everything was different since I had decided to go home after all. Our family is spread all over the world and this year we actually managed to organise ourselves and meet up after I do not even know how many years. Therefore, this year is extra special. And the decoration made by the Čáslav town hall is simply charming.


Outdoor nativity set.

Chainsaw was used to create these figures. For the past few years, this nativity set decorates a small park of my hometown.


I just love their squashed faces, don't you?










Indoor nativity set.

I remember this one from my childhood. Our grandma used to take us to the church to see baby Jesus. And of course, as children we loved to see little figures.

Nowadays, I preise the craftsmanship. Wooden figures beautifully painted, the background curtain,...

This nativity set will always stay in my memory.


Over the years, Christmas decoration has become richer. At the background here you can also just about make up a tower that is a part of medieval ramparts. Such backdrop together with Christmas decoration already invites to the festive atmosphere.


The town hall (right) always plays on the architecture of this building. It is simply given to use the balcony and the high alcove to light up to the Christmas feeling.



This fountain works well during warmer months. However, in winter when the temperature drops well below zero it might not be a good idea to fill any fountain with water. And this is why the structure is actually quite sad. Therefore, I was pleasantly surprised by this idea. A fountain with a light-fall.



So this is my 'Home for Christmas'. The only shame is that there is not any snow. Oh well, I cannot have everything. What I have is my family around me and that is what counts. Therefore, wishing you a great 2012 and see you next year. Kx

No comments: