Translate

Saturday 27 June 2020

Look Up!

It is a good idea to look where one goes. It is a good idea to look around when walking too. Just looking up or turning around can introduce new understanding of a given scene...

And that is what I did when I went for a walk after we were let out after three months of lockdown.  I simply looked up to see this lovely spring scene... (Of course, this is what ended up as an inspirational picture for my next project :- )


Deciding on the colours was simple. Working on the weave is simple too.

Monotonous, yes. Time consuming, yes. But also rewarding when one sees the progress...

A rough sketch of a section of the chain (colours to be precise) was made which would describe my vision. Comparing it to the actual weave in making would convince me further to go on weaving...

Half way through the monotonous process when the chain is long enough could be the time to shape the chain (form it and made thinner) after which I can just cut and cut and cut the desired length and assemble to earrings, a bracelet and...


More is to come but this is what I have so far...

...a pair of earrings (that are as light as feather) and a bracelet that sits beautifully on this orange stone.















In this project one can weave on and on to make jewellery pieces of a specific look and various sizes adding more length to the core chain. The flexibility is what suits me here and it also suits the design. So let's go on and on and on weaving...

Have a great time, keep safe and see you next time. K-)

No comments: