Translate

Saturday 28 July 2018

Continuum

Continuing on a colour variation of 'Blackfriars columns' project, a new project began to be in making. First, I cut of two pieces of the chain for a pair of earrings with turquoise beads... (hence the colour variation of the previous project).

Since I had more beads threaded on the wire I decided to continue with 'french knitting'. I wanted to see where and how far this will take me...

At this point, I already decided to make a matching necklace for the earrings so I simply kept on working even when I ran out of the beads. I simply continued weaving with only wire (picture on the right)...

To make a straight forward necklace with beads in the middle seemed to be a bit late by then so I started to think of a way of joining the chain and still keep the beads in front...

...Also I had a 'faulty' initial chain that would not work for any earring so I reached for it at this stage. I made a hoop out of it hoping to make it into one joining end (left).



I also realised I might need a button in order to finalise the design. In the picture on the right is its trial version.

Unfortunately for the project, it got in the way of my holidays. Fortunately for me, I am on holidays...

'Continuum' project is at home on a table now patiently waiting for my return...


In the meantime, I am taking it easy letting the project mature (in my head)... Take it easy too.

K-)


Update: Sunday, 19 August 2018
Continuum
A few weeks on and after an afternoon spent on my 'Continuum' project, this is what I am left with. A chain that originated in a pair of earrings ('Blackfriars column') and continued into a necklace.

First I completed the button that I mentioned in my last post. I also made a hook at the other end of my chain, hook big enough to fit my button (seen in the picture above).
At this stage, the design starts to get slightly intricate...

...After placing the wire chain around the neck and placing the beaded end in front, one puts the wire hook through the beaded end returning back up towards the button to clasp the necklace at the back of a neck.

And here we go. My 'Continuum'...

K-)


No comments: