Translate

Sunday 27 May 2018

Gradient

What I like about spring is its noticeable journey towards summer. Similarly to autumn, a lot of colour changing takes place and that is what I captured last month on a side of a road. I think it was the matt finish and the slow gradient developing on these 'berries' that made me stop and take a shot.

It looked to me that I had an inspiration, a new project...

Rummaging through my toolbox, I just knew that there would be some beads I could use...

...green for the top section followed by yellow for the middle finishing with purple at the bottom not forgetting a tiny black bead at the top of each 'stalk'. All to resemble time when nature wakes up and reveals gradual change in colour you can see in the image above...

To achieve this, I cut various lengths of wire and attached selected beads to them, one bead per wire. This left me with a lean rather than bulky look that is seen in the intro picture but isn't this a natural progress from an inspiration to a final piece? Somehow it has entered a different dimension. And who says that these earrings are the final piece?


Let's see if and how this develops further. K-)

No comments: