Translate

Sunday 5 July 2015

Odd One In

Isn't it great when you can wear something you actually made yourself? I must say ever since I learnt the new technique with beads and wire from Teri Howes and completed my 'Sized down' project as a result I have been practicing further. Playing with colours of very thin yarns and combining these with matching beads proves to be a rewarding exercise.

Starting carefully with subtle colours (above), I felt encouraged by the practicality. I realised that these three colours, yellow, orange and turquoise, fit my wardrobe nicely.

Encouraged by this I decided to go bolder. I still used light shades of green and turquoise but complimented them with red. Red is a colour one cannot miss no matter how much they try. Here it looks even stronger given by the subtlety of the green and turquoise, wouldn't you say?


As I was busy crocheting and thinking about the choice of colours, I wondered if red, black and lilac would be suitable for this project.

Black being the strongest one was left for complimenting the red and lilac duo.

And this is what was created. To me this necklace has a totally different effect to its siblings. If the red colour works so well in the previous example, the black here does not seem to fully fit...


...that is until worn with something dark or red. Suddenly, the necklace lightens up. It almost feels that in this case, one should wear something to compliment the necklace. The clothes become the accessory.  Isn't this funny? The world of fashion is so intriguing...

This project is called 'Odd One In' and it is exactly what it says. I have used three colours all together; two tonally similar colours with matching colour beads are completed with an odd contrasting colour without any beads attached. And all three create a unit. They are all In. The title is created.

As I said at the beginning of the post, it is enjoyable to wear your own creations. And when people express their opinion, positive or negative, that is when you know that it is all worth it.

On this note, I will leave you. Just don't forget to check my 'Updates' page. Have a great week and see you next time. K-)

No comments: