Translate

Monday 29 June 2015

Sweet 'Mistake'?


I have not complained about English weather much and I have lived here for over fifteen years. In fact, I always end up saying that English climate suits me. That was up till now when I made the 'mistake' of visiting Southern France at the beginning of the month. Between you and me, I don't mind making such a 'mistake' more often even though I have become rather restless since then. :-)

Staying with my friends in Collobrieres, how lucky was I to be surrounded by local art, architecture and atmosphere.

This place reminded me of Cezanne and his paintings. The blocks of colour and the colour itself. Priceless.


No wonder artists would escape to this part of the world to produce their masterpieces. One does not need to go far for inspiration...


But if you insist on venturing further, of course there is more to explore and discover...

Half an hour drive and we were by the sea; and sea would not be any sea without yachts. It was one mast on top of the other there, endlessly taking the eye into the distance.

Now tell me, isn't this peaceful and calming?

Having spent a little time in Southern France, I realised how much I miss getting out of the city. I know I have mentioned it before but the urge is getting stronger now especially after looking at these pictures and remembering where I was less then a month ago...


Oh well, will I do something about it? That is the question and only I can do anything about it, nobody else.

In the meantime, a note to myself - just hang on and smile...




For those who come to my blog regularly, you know that I have always something running along on the side. And after my last post, there are further developments to  my 'Cottagy & Cosy' project so check out my 'Updates' page.

Have a great week and see you next time. K-)

No comments: