Translate

Sunday 12 April 2015

Idle? You must be joking.

Alright, so I did not publish a single article for over a year. That does not mean that my hands were left in an idle position. On the contrary. Whenever there was an opportunity they would grab it. One such event was my sister's wedding.

To cut the story short, I was honoured to design her invitations. This meant to come up with two versions, one for English and one for Czech ceremony. But as those who follow my blog know, I have the tendency to have two things running at the same time. And this is when my article starts to make sense...

The flower my sister chose for her Czech wedding was a calla lily. And so I sat down, grabbed a crochet hook and started to create a calla lily.  Coincidentally and what is definitely worth noting is that the shape of the blossom also allows to keep a little surprise; not only for the bride and groom but also the wedding party...

In preparation for the big day, I kept my eyes open on anything unusual or special but very much fitting to the occasion. A surprise came from a company that prints images on smarties/M&Ms. The surprise turned out to be a crocheted calla lily filled with smarties with a portrait of the bride and groom.




Now, you need to understand that my sister does not eat sweets much so when I was giving her a pack full of smarties she looked rather puzzled (not surprisingly). It was not till she realised what was printed on them that she got the joke. And what a lough we had.

I wish you a good week and hope to see you soon. K-)

No comments: