Translate

Sunday 19 April 2015

Every time I visit the V&A... - part 8


...I walk across the Kensington Gardens to get there. And at any season there is something exciting to look at, to capture.

In autumn when I was on my way to see the Constable Exhibition, I observed the colours in the Park that only autumn can offer.

The greens so naturally turning into browns revealing other tones during this process is priceless; you cannot fake it. Only a few of us can capture it well - as so well shown at the exhibition I was about to see...


Having taken the shot (intro image) in the park earlier and still having it so vividly imprinted in my mind, I couldn't but to make a certain connection when looking at this painting, 'Study of Foliage' by Constable.

As I learnt, he studied nature from nature in order to fully understand and to be able to use it in his future paintings later. Hence the title - a study. Of course, there is nothing new about this process. But how often and fully do we actually listen to something so logical - 'study'? Study the colours, how they correspond with each other, the texture, movement, how the subject look on a bright day or in a mist, is there any sound and what does it evoke in you,... All these questions, how exhilarating, how exhausting and how much can you get enriched by the found out knowledge?

As I said in my previous post, I was not completely idle during my over-the-year absence. Alright, I would not visit the V&A as often as before but my visits there still go on. Just a bit less frequently. And all the questions do still enter my mind. Therefore, idle? I think not.

Have a exhilarating week and see you next time. K-)

No comments: