Translate

Wednesday 15 January 2014

In the name of Winter 2013/2014

Yes, indeed, I have had quite a break from my blog. Apart from going away for Christmas/New Year's holiday (which was great since I went home), I was also searching for winter; for snow, frozen lake, extra cold temperatures… And none of this happened.

To my amazement, mushrooms began growing on this stump. I am aware that mushrooms grow all year round but somehow I find it strange to see them in such beautiful vivid colours.

This feels like autumn with spring feel; colourful and fresh. Similarly, the intro picture above makes you wonder weather we look at autumn or spring; autumn with its drying leaves and spring with the new folded growth on top that catches freshly red tone.

What happened to the weather, I ask. Having been back to England for the past week, we had cold temperatures one day followed by a warm spring-like day today. All this in the name of Winter 2013/2014. K-)

No comments: