Translate

Friday 1 May 2020

'Floating Leaves A' - bracelet

Time to make a bracelet for a necklace ('Floating Leaves A) I made two years ago. That time, I was inspired by a picture of pigeons on a railing. A necklace was the answer to that. And now I was asked to make a bracelet...

Picking up on the colours I mainly noticed the chain from the necklace hoping to make a caff that would have mini versions of 'pigeons' spread around it. That was the idea...

But of course, my ideas evolve as I go along and one thing to remember is that simplicity adds very often more to the design...




To cut the story short, the idea of single 'pigeons' dissolved and a simple crochet piece to represent a body of pigeons emerged. This links it back to the necklace and the process I used when displaying them. Simple crocheted strip to add a pigeon body sitting on the 'railings'...


What I have omitted here is the fact that I made the bracelet so large that I had to make a fold to make it smaller and covered it with the strip representing the pigeons. This is exactly what I love about the process. One has to listen what is happening around and if something does not work there is a reason for it. Do it differently, change the idea a bit and do not stop. There is always a way...

For more on the process, visit my Instagram account @kp_crochetive.

K-)



No comments: