Translate

Saturday 28 March 2020

'Flower Buds' family

These pinky flower buds were beckoning to me one February morning. And with my usual approach to designs, this would stand at a beginning of my next projects...

Even though I am not a lover of pink, this pink, a wine (deep dark pink/purple) colour in connection with white framed with green (which I may or not use here) talked to me.

And so I started with viking weave (a left over activity from 'Stump' necklace), trying to match three flower buds colours: wine, white and pink.

And so, here I was going round and round creating a chain that I could work with later...

First, a pair of earrings that I later extended to what I call 'Hoop in Hoop' earrings emerged from the chain...

I must say, I feel elegant when I wear this pair. They are 4cm long when in my ears and very light. On top of that I felt that I actually liked the colour combination too. All this made me feel happier and lighter.

I wanted to wear them all the time but the length would not work for my usual days...

This is why I decided to make a smaller pair that would be more for a day to day wear...

Honestly, I love wearing these. They are just under 1.5cm long covering nicely my earlobes which is 'just the way I like it'; very light, practical and cheerful.
Next candidate on my list was a necklace. Again it is very light and of the same colour scheme, winding around my neck and is hard not to notice...

It is not possible to see on the photographs but the necklace is thicker than the earrings. Somehow, I did not feel that thinner circle around a neck is what I wanted here.


However, a thinner version works very well for bracelets.

Seen here are two bracelets, big and small. The latter is what I wear on my wrist from mornings till evenings. I absolutely love it. In general, I cannot see the earrings in my ears but I can see my wrist. It brightens up my days...








Last addition to my 'Flower Buds' family is a brooch.

I have not worn the brooch yet simply because more tweaking needs to be done but already I like the look of it and cannot wait to take it out for a walk...

I can see that there are numerous possibilities a viking weave technique offers. I believe I just touched what can keep me busy for quite a while.


With light design and cheerful and energetic colours I will finish this post. Have a good time, see you next time and keep safe. K-)

No comments: