Translate

Friday 25 January 2019

Floating Leaves A - LilacBlue

I was given a chrochet hook of 0.nothing size just before Christmas (2018 we are talking about). The hooks I used previously were already tiny enough so I wondered if and how I would be able to use this size...

I picked two colour wires associating each with a hook of a certain size and started crocheting my 'leaves/pigeons' (by that stage I refered to the samples as 'leaves' only but was still keeping in mind the idea or pigeons).

How interesting to see the difference in size when for both hooks the initial chain is of the same amount of stithes...

After having made a few leaves, I assembled them into a pendant visible in the intro picture. All I had to do at this stage was to add or create a chain (in this case I crocheted it hence this is a completely handmade piece) and voila! I am presenting you with 'Floating Leaves - LilacBlue' necklace piece, a fun to make and to observe its process.

 I do like when a piece emerges by itself, without much or my interference.


This is also when my initial idea of pigeons comes back in. Seen here in line, separate or in clusters, they also translate in a similar way to my jewellery.

In 'LilacBlue' it is in a cluster of thee smaller and in line of five.






K-)
 

No comments: