Translate

Sunday 28 January 2018

'Choker'


Following on my previous post where I wrote about my Xmas 2017 gifts to my family, this post is about what was at the beginning of it all, what started me using wire to crochet jewellery. If you remember, I took a few courses with Teri Howes, a jewellery designer who works with wire to make exceptional crochet jewellery.

That time, under her supervision, I (together with a few other enthusiasts :-) made a cuff, outcome of which you can see on the left.

Following her step-by-step instructions, we were impressed with the outcome, especially after the first few rows we made looked quite disappointing... :-(



...A few years and a few projects later, I returned to Teri's design to crochet a choker (seen on the right).

How nice to return to a project I enjoyed so much and how great to complete it with a choker. I have ended up with a two-piece jewellery set I just cannot wait to wear and show to the world... :-)


At this point I can call on my trusted friend Elena (do you remember my friend Elena?) who kindly agreed to pose wearing the choker. What do you think? Doesn't she look great wearing it? K-)

No comments: