Translate

Friday 5 May 2017

Broken or is it?

A few summers ago, I ended up in Bruges, Belgium. Arriving late at night, a walk through the town centre was a must. Day or night, medieval touch of that place gets definitely under your skin.

But what caught my attention (other than history) and what I wanted to share with you is the juxtaposition of the historical and the modern I felt on my visit there.

Surprisingly enough, this was experienced in a form of a mirror structure that reflected whatever was around. This had a bit of disturbing feel to it, that is for sure but proved to be a great subject to try and capture (even without a tripod).

I must admit that when I came to the same place the next day in a daylight I was a bit disappointed. All I could see was a glass structure reflecting too much of everything; great architecture, lot of people and 'mayhem' you would expect at a place like this.

Don't take me wrong, walking around during the day opened up world you definitely would not want to miss. Walking around at night however added certain charm; that of game of light & darkness, shadows & contrasting highlights and clarity created by broken lines.


Have a great time and see you next time. K-)

No comments: