Translate

Saturday 4 March 2017

Blue Sun

For a while now, I have been thinking about a name for this jewellery set. It is an addition to my collection and it deserves a title. So let's have a look at my thinking process.

To start with, it has a blue element to it. Therefore, 'blue' is given. But blue what? Blue necklace, bracelet and earrings set? That sounds boring. Blue and black beads on a silver chain is far too long. And then it finally downed on me.

Remembering what I always say (and also forget), I looked at this photograph from different angle through different eyes. I stood back and examined the relationship with its surroundings.

Yes, it is a jewellery set, that is for sure. But it also has eyes and a very big mouth. It is sitting on something round that has a wire support suggested underneath. As a unit it IS a sun. A sun with a few of its own rays hanging along the bottom section.

Phew, that was exhausting. But at least here is my title: 'Blue Sun'.

K-)

No comments: