Translate

Saturday 21 January 2017

Folded & Stamped

What you are looking at here is one of my own crochet jewellery pieces made out of wire, a collar.

At first, it was meant to compliment another piece but later I realised that I would be mixing two unrelated styles so it was better to abandon this idea and focus on each piece separately. Introducing new colour I went in raws, right and left without thinking,  and noticed that a curve was being created by default...

At this point, I need to point out that this is an example of starting on something and ending with something different, something so often reappearing in my practice. The question is, is there anyhing wrong with this? Isn't this one way of coming up with a design?

... coming back to the post the curved shape determined what I was making; indeed I was looking at a collar.

Since this started as a complimentary piece for something else it soon became clear that it was far too long for this piece. This is why I folded it and stamped down with a decorative circle (which I also made) and a collar was completed.


I am aware that for some it looks rather raw, kind of unfinished. On the other hand, raw is nothing new with my pieces therefore it ended up as a star of this post.

...and off I go to practice more...

K-)

No comments: