Translate

Thursday 18 August 2011

Snippet from holidays


Imagine you can wake up to such a view. Summer or winter, you cannot beat the reflection in the pond. Believe me. I know what I am talking about. This is the view I enjoyed for the first eighteen years of my life. This is the picturesque view of my hometown.

Twice a year (winter & summer) I visit my hometown and remind myself of the charm this place holds. It has ramparts running around with a deep ditch and a pond protecting the town from one side. And this is the side I was lucky to observe from my window when I still lived there.

I have been away for too many years now so can see more clearly how privileged I was as a child. What a shame I did not appreciate it then.

The name is Čáslav.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Home sweet home.I miss the place all the time.....especially in summer :))