Translate

Sunday 15 May 2011

ZipOut Curtain


For my degree show (some time ago now I must admit), I returned to my childhood by taking up crocheting again. And to my delight this activity was the one that made the project mine.


To bring you up to date, the idea behind was to bring nature to urban life, to our households. Playing on senses, I first attacked the sound, then vision and finally the touch. And this is when the ZipOut Curtain comes in.

This curtain is saying - 'Despite the fact that 'nature' can be lovely, it can also be nasty and rather cruel.' Before going to extremes, let's just stay with the cold and grey. This curtain is meant to keep it all ZippedOut from our view. Yet again, it plays on senses and now on assumption as well. Made out of wool that provides warmth, simple look at it and a little stroke can make us feel more comfortable, warmer. Therefore, let's Zip it Out.

No comments: